Course Registration for 2013-14
- Students currently in grade 8 will have two opportunities to register for the 2013-14 school year. Grade 9 registration will be Tuesday, January 22 or Thursday, January 24 beginning at 7:00 pm in the St. Francis High School Performing Arts Center. Students should attend one of the sessions with their parent(s) and bring a completed registration sheet signed by their grade 8 math teacher. High school counselors will be in the grade 8 classrooms January 10 to present registration information.
- Students currently in grades 9-11 must register for the 2013-14 school year during the registration period which runs from Tuesday, January 22 at 3:00 pm until Friday, February 1 at 5:00 pm.
for Students Currently in Grades 9-11
1. View Online Registration Book
a. The registration book for grades 10-12 (2013-14 school year) will not be printed. It is available only online.
2. Fill out the Course Registration Sheet
a. The most important thing when picking out classes is working toward the goal of graduation. Graduation requirements can be found on pages 5-7 in the registration book. The course registration sheet can also be helpful. Look to the grade you WILL be in next year to see what requirements you need.
b. You will need to register for a total of 15 credits and 5 alternatives
c. Also on your course registration sheet, note the classes listed for your grade that are pre-registered. When you see: (You have been pre-registered for this class. Do not register for this class online) that means you do not have to input those classes when registering online; however, the pre-registered courses DO count toward your 15 credits.
- Pick classes that work toward your career pathway or areas that may interest you someday as a career
- Tip: Make sure to read the course descriptions well and talk to teachers and parents to get an idea of what you are interested in signing up for; it can be difficult to make changes later
e. 4-Year College Requirements
- If you are looking at going to a 4-year college, make sure that you plan to complete two years of the same World Language. You can find 4-year college requirements on page 2 of your registration booklet.
3. Register Online
(Monday, January 22, 2013 beginning at 3:00 pm and ending at 5:00 pm on Friday, February 1, 2013)
a. Before you can register online during the registration window, you must be able to access your Schoolview account
- If you can't access your SchoolView account, high school counselors can reset your information and give you an access code for your SchoolView account. Counselors will be available in the lunch commons distributing access codes the week before registration and throughout the registration window.
b. Follow the iRegistration Process instructions
- Tip: Make sure to check how many trimesters a class is and register accordingly
- Each trimester has its own course number (i.e., Spanish 1 is two trimesters with course numbers 1359 and 1360)
- Don’t wait until the last minute! Computers will be available every day at lunch during the registration window
Bring your course registration sheet filled out with course names and numbers
Registration Book for Grades 10-12 (2013-14 school year)
Registration Book for Grade 9 (2013-14 school year)