Information for St. Francis High School seniors for the 2018-19 school year.
Graduation is scheduled for Friday, May 31, 2019. Commencement ceremonies begin at 7:00 p.m.
Senior Exit Survey
Click on button below
All Night Party Fundraiser
Help raise money for the All Night Party Fundraiser at Beef O'Brady's April 24. Download and print this flyer, and 20% of your bill will go toward the fundraiser.
Follow this checklist for St. Francis High School seniors graduating May 2019
Senior Year - Summer/Fall Timeline
- Set academic goals for Senior year
- Add more challenging courses to your senior schedule
- Retaking ACT? Register for Sept/Oct. ACT www.actstudent.org (SFHS CEEB Code 242190)
- Prep for ACT? Log in to MCIS (MN Career Info System) www.mncis.intocareers.org
- Review your transcript- all graduation requirements met and scheduled
- Finalize plans for after high school (Workforce, College, Military etc.)
- Retaking ACT? Log into MCIS to study and improve your ACT score www.mncis.intocareers.org
- Arrange College Visits (you have 2 excused days) and check College Rep Schedule with College & Career Center
- Attend SFHS College Fair
- Start College Applications
- Make spreadsheet to track colleges applied, deadlines, additional application requirements (Essay /Letters of Rec./ACT Scores)
- NCAA Athletes- check in with counselor to review requirements
- Ensure you’ve talked with Athletic Director/ coaches and register at www.eligibilitycenter.org
- Get involved in extracurricular activities; keep a list of these
- Start and keep a list of your high school involvement; activities, awards, volunteer work, organizations and offices held
- College Knowledge Month
- Talk to teachers, school counselors, parents about their college experience
- The Financial Aid website is open beginning Oct. 1. Please refer to the Financial Aid page.
- Attend Senior Day (last week in October)
- Set goals towards post-secondary career path
- Complete College Applications (many are free this month) and request initial transcripts at www.isd15.org/transcript
- Request Letters of Recommendation now!
- Fill out Letter of Recommendation Request Form (give recommenders your resume and letter of recommendation form)
- Make sure to write a thank you note!
- ACT Scores- Log in to www.ACTstudent.org to ensure your official scores have been sent to the schools of your choice
- Start researching scholarships if you haven’t already. Suggestions:
- Set reminder for January- local scholarships will be in the Counseling Office
- Find local and national scholarships: www.isd15.org/scholarships
- National, individualized college search: www.fastweb.com
- Retaking ACT? Register for December. ACT www.actstudent.org (SFHS CEEB Code 242190)
- Be aware of College Application Deadlines
- Financial Aid Night/ Workshop - Gain information and utilize computers to start FAFSA form
- Bring your parents and family for tax returns from the appropriate year
- Finals! Study. Study. Study!
- Order for official school graduation announcements - NO DEADLINE
- Jostens onsite for payment and order assistance - January 18, 2019
- Order must be placed for cap, gown, stole, tassel - February 15, 2019
- Jostens onsite for payment - April 18, 2019
- Final payment for cap, gown, stole, tassel - May 1, 2019
- Distribution of graduation attire - May 17, 2019 during lunch
- Graduation Rehearsal (mandatory) - May 31, 2019 arrive @ 9:00 a.m.
- Graduation - May 31, 2019 arrive @ 6:30 p.m.
St. Francis High School Scholarship Recipients 2019
Scholarship and Academic Awards Evening at St. Francis High School
May 15, 2019 @ 7:00 pm
Applications are available in the Counseling Office at St. Francis High School.
All scholarship applications must be turned in to the Counseling Office by March 1, including completion of the electronic "local scholarship application"
Click here for online information.
All students who choose to wear the traditional graduation attire wear a cap, gown, stole and tassel for the commencement ceremony. Students have the option of wearing a dress shirt and dress pants.
Honors students will wear either a gold or silver cord in addition to the cap and gown and will replace their standard tassel with either a gold or silver tassel for the ceremony.
Honors cords and tassels can be purchased for an additional fee of $8 each.
Honors qualification will be determined in late spring based on student cumulative GPA.
This can be purchased on the Josten's website. Click here to view cap & gown packages for St. Francis High School.
If students are using the cap and gown from an older sibling or friend, they will still need to purchase the correct stole and tassel for their graduation year. This cannot be done online and will need to be completed during one of our payment dates.
Reminder: on Friday, April 12 Josten's will be at St. Francis High School during all lunches accepting payments for graduation purchases that have been made. If you still have not ordered a cap and gown set and would like to please see Mrs. Stene in the Main Office for assistance. If you do not know if you ordered and paid for your cap and gown please stop by the Josten's table during your lunch to verify your order.
From the St. Francis High School Counseling Office:
Congratulations and welcome to senior year! This is a big year with a lot going on. It is important that parents ensure their student is on track to graduate.
Letters were sent to parents to inform them about the credit status of your high school senior in relation to graduation.
The graduating class of 2019 needs to earn a total of 57 credits in all required areas and meet the state graduation assessment requirements in order to participate in the graduation ceremony and receive their diploma.
To view graduation requirements, visit www.isd15.org/graduation.
Parents, please encourage your student to keep working hard and to remain focused toward the goal of graduating. Please call the high school counseling office at 763-213-1590 or visit www.isd15.org/hscounseling for assistance.
If you need to request your transcript be sent to a college, scholarship, yourself, click here. For your first request you will need to set up an account before you can login.
Cost per Transcript
Current Students: $5.00
(If there is some financial hardship, please see your counselor to discuss a fee waiver)
- 8 English credits
- 8 Social Studies credits
- 7 Science credits
- 5 Math credits (2 cr Geometry, 2 cr Alg 2, & Prob/Stats)
- 3 Physical Education credits
- 1 Futures Prep credit (unless you transferred here)
- 1 Health credit
- 2 Art
It is ultimately your responsibility to know that you received the appropriate credits for graduation. Your counselor is your facilitator.
If you are completing recovery credits at Saints Academy/Guided Studies, check in there to be sure you are on track there as well.
You WILL NOT participate in commencement if you have not completed all graduation requirements.
Requesting final SFHS Transcripts
Final transcripts are REQUIRED by all colleges showing your third trimester grades. Your fall admissions will be delayed if not obtained by your college. Please go to parchment.com and order today. Your final transcript will be sent to your college once all grades have been posted.
Final transcripts MUST be requested through Parchment.
Requesting College in the Schools Transcripts
Sign in to your College Accounts using you Star ID to request
Go to http://www.getmytranscript.com/ to order Official Transcripts from each school
St. Cloud State University
Southwest Minnesota State University
Prom 2019 – “Dancing in the Streets”
Prom will be held May 4, 2019. Coronation and Grand March at SFHS Main gym at 4:30 p.m. Dinner and dance at the Spirit River Community Center, 5:30-11:00 p.m.
Prom tickets will be on sale March 25-April 18. Click here for more information and the order form.
Seniors …………… $55
Juniors …………… $60
Outside guests ..… $70
Late ticket orders (purchased after 4/18) will be $75 each
No ticket orders will be accepted 5/1 or later.
If your guest is NOT a junior/senior at SFHS – you MUST pick up a Guest Approval form from Mrs. Schrag. Your guest must be in at least 10th grade and under 21. Please remember this is a junior sponsored event for our seniors. MORP was created for our freshmen and sophomores to attend.
There are no refunds once tickets are purchased.
Our order form will be paperless this year. The link will be shared on March 25th. You will need to fill out this online form before you submit your cash payment or cashier's check to Mrs. Schrag (in the business department) by April 18th. Note: if payment is not turned in by April 18th - you will need to pay the late ticket price.
Students are not able to attend prom if they have 12 or more unexcused absences and are on the No Fieldtrip List.
Keep up to date with information by “liking” our FB page, just search for SFHS Prom or click here.