For help making your postsecondary plans during high school utilize the SFHS College and Career Readiness Checklist
- To help schools establish and/or build upon a culture of college-readiness.
- To communicate to all students the importance of preparing for and applying to college.
- To engage and inform underrepresented students (first-generation college students, students of color, and low-income students) about postsecondary opportunities, culminating in the application process.
- To provide a statewide message and excitement about exploring and planning for college.
- To increase the number of Minnesota seniors who complete the college admissions process.
Senior Day! - October 25th
During SENIOR DAY, all seniors will have a pass to come to the IMC during a specific time during that day. During this time seniors will be able to apply to at least one college if they are prepared to do so. They will also meet with their counselor, be able to do career or college research,visit with a military rep, or get help on making a decision about their future.
ASVAB - (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) October 27th
This test is offered free to 10th -12th grade St. Francis High School students. This test is required by all students planning on enlisting in any branch of the military. BUT, it is also a great, very extensive assessment used to give students an idea of career fields that might be a good fit for them! Assessments this extensive usually cost money but we offer it free at SFHS. This assessment is confidential, and scores, names, or contact info etc., are NOT given to the military. ASVAB test is October 27!
PSAT (10th/11th grade)- November 2nd, 2016
- PSAT not only helps prepare students to take the SAT or ACT, the great thing about the PSAT is that a high score can also open the door to National Merit Scholarships for 11th grade students and other awards.
- Students can register for the test by stopping into the Counseling Office with $15 to test and receive a practice booklet. Test spaces are limited and is on a first come first serve basis.
November 7, 2016
Financial aid night for all senior students (at SFHS OR any surrounding school) and their parents will be November 7, 2016 in the PAC at 5:30 in the evening. The presentation will be approximately an hour.
We plan to have a webinar with an advisor from St. Cloud State University to help parents of seniors. A discussion will take place regarding the financial aid application process and the differences between grants, loans and scholarships.
Things to complete before Applying to FAFSA. (Prior To Financial Aid Night)
NDSCS College Tour - November 17th
North Dakota State College of Science is offering a free tour to their college on November 17th. This college is a 2 year technical college with a four year atmosphere in Wahpeton, ND. Interested juniors and seniors should see Ms. Abraham in the Career Center.
October / November College Reps:
|Tues||9/13/2016||5||University of Wisconsin Superior|
|Mon||9/19/2016||5||University of Minnesota Rochester|
|Tues||9/20/2016||1||Savannah College of Art & Design|
|Wed||9/28/2016||1||Winona State University|
|Thur||9/29/2016||11:15||North Dakota State College of Science|
|Wed||10/5/2016||1||McNally Smith School of Music|
|Fri||10/7/2016||St. Mary's University - Winona|
|Tues||10/11/2016||1||Concordia College - Moorhead|
|Tues||10/11/2016||2||North Dakota State University|
|Wed||10/12/2016||Anoka Technical College|
|Fri||10/28/2016||5||St. Catherine University|
|Mon||10/31/2016||5||St. Cloud State University|
|Wed||11/2/2016||2||University of Minnesota Duluth|
|Wed||11/2/2016||1||St. John's University/College of St. Ben's|
|Wed||11/2/2016||5||North Hennepin Community College|
|Wed||11/23/2016||lunch||Regency - Blaine|