Course Registration for 2016-17
Thursday, January 14 - Friday, January 22, 2016
Click here to view 9-12th grade Registration Book
Current Grade 8 Students
- Grade 9 registration can be completed online during the registration period
- Students will register online through their Infinite Campus account.
- The SFHS counselors will visit SFMS Friday, January 8th to give registration packets and present registration information.
- SFHS will be hosting an OPTIONAL Registration Open House Thursday, January 21st in computer lab C203 from 5:30-7pm. You are also welcome to receive assistance in registering your student and/or ask a counselor questions in the computer labs.
- Click here to view the Informational Powerpoint for students entering grade 9 for the 2016-17 school year.
Current Grade 9-11 Students
- Students MUST register during the registration period (1/14- 1/22)
- Class presentations will take place Thursday, January 14 during student's academic time in the PAC to receive the registration packet and registration information.
- Click here to view the informational Powerpoint for students entering grades 10, 11, 12 for the 2016-17 school year.
Registration Process (PDF, print version)
1. View 9th -12 Grade Registration Book
2. Fill out
You will need to register for a total of 15 credits during the registration window. A second window will be open from 1/25-1/29 to add alternative course options only. Alternatives are backup courses utilized when course conflicts occur.
3. Register Online
Thursday, January 14- Friday, January 22
Before you can register online during the registration period, you must be able to access your Infinite Campus- Campus Portal (student or parent/guardians). If you can't access your Campus Portal, please stop by the Office of Technology at SFHS and work with Marika Hendricks. Follow the Registration Process instructions.
Registration Essentials and Tips
- You will need to register for a total of 15 credits and at a later time, 5 alternatives
- Know your Graduation Requirements- The most important thing when picking out classes is working toward the goal of graduation. Click to view Graduation Requirements
- Electives- Choose classes that work toward your career pathway or areas that may interest you someday as a career.
- Make sure to read the course descriptions well and talk to teachers and parents to get an idea of what you are interested in signing up for, St. Francis High School does not change elective courses in schedules.
- Make sure to check how many trimesters a class is and register accordingly
- Each trimester has its own course number (i.e., Spanish 1 is two trimesters with course numbers 1359 and 1360)
- Don't wait until the last minute! Computers will be available every day at lunch during the registration window. Bring your course registration sheet filled out with course names and numbers.
We strongly encourage students to choose their classes carefully at the time of registration to avoid having to make corrections to their schedule later. It is important to note that we do not change elective courses unless it helps balance the master schedule. Please see the list of reasons a student may correct their schedule:
Schedule Corrections will ONLY be allowed if they meet one of the following criteria:
- Your schedule is missing a core class (English, Math, Science, Social Studies)
- You are scheduled for an incorrect level of a course (ie. Honors English 9 vs. English 9)
- You have a hole in your schedule (a student has an empty class period)
- You have not satisfied a prerequisite for a course (ie. Graphic Arts 1 before Graphic Arts 2)
- You failed a course in a previous school year and need to retake it.
- You are physically unable to participate in a course (a doctor’s note is required)