Accelerated Reader provides computerized comprehension quizzes for many of the school library books. The books are given a grade level number so students are able to self-select books at their individual reading level. Once a student finishes reading the book, they logon to a school computer to answer questions based on the book they have read.
Accelerated Reader Renaissance Home Connect for Parents
Home Connect links the school and home so students and parents can see progress toward reading goals, conduct book searches, review quiz results, view number of books and words read, quizzes passed and more. Enter student user name and password that was sent home with the student.
Accelerated Reader Enterprise offers unlimited access to more than 150,000 AR Quizzes (nearly half of which are nonfiction). There are five types of quizzes:
- Reading Practice Quizzes ask questions that measure a student’s comprehension of a book. Available in English and Spanish.
- Recorded Voice Quizzes allow beginning readers and/or ELLs to take quizzes on their own because they include professionally narrated audio. Available in English and Spanish.
- Vocabulary Practice Quizzes reinforce key vocabulary words in books students choose for independent reading.
- Literacy Skills Quizzes help you measure your students’ proficiency with 24 higher-level reading and critical-thinking skills.
- Textbook Quizzes enable you to monitor comprehension of material that students read in the specific textbook series you use.