Student Bus Safety Training
By law, students in kindergarten through third grade are required to receive classroom training on school bus safety and understand the competencies by the third week of school. Students in grades 4-10 must have school bus safety training and understand the competencies by the sixth week of school.
The competencies of school bus safety training are:
- Transportation by school bus is a privilege and not a right
- District policies for student conduct and school bus safety
- Appropriate conduct while on the school bus
- Danger zones around a school bus
- Procedures for safely boarding and leaving a school bus
- Procedures for safe street or road crossing
- School bus evacuation and other emergency procedures
- Appropriate training on the use of lap belts or lap and shoulder belts, if the district uses buses equipped with belts
PowerPoint files for student training:
Test for grades 4-8 (PDF)
(Students in grades 4-8 are required to take the test and pass with at least 80% correct)
For more information, contact the Transportation Department at 763-753-7080.