Google Drive Help
District Google accounts have officially arrived!
But what's all the fuss about? If you're unsure of the answer to this question, take a look at this fun, short video (2:50) from TeacherTube--Google Docs in Plain English--for a great intro to the power of Google Drive (formerly called Google Docs).
To help ISD 15 staff navigate in and around Google Drive, Integration Specialist Collin MInshull has created the following short videos (time in minutes, not hours):
- How do I login? (2:20)
- How do I navigate? (3:59)
- How do I create, name and save a document? (4:16)
- How do I create folders? (3:06)
- How do I keep my documents organized? (3:06)
- Can I put a Word .doc in Google Drive? (2:54)
- How do I share a document? (4:07)
- How do I delete a document? (2:17)
Google has also created an extensive library of support specifically for getting to know your new Google Apps tools at http://learn.googleapps.com/. You can even become an "expert" user using these Google resources!
Another great learning tool for Google Docs available to ISD 15 staff is provided by Atomic Learning and another on Google Drive from Atomic Learning. There is a extremely comprehensive list of Google Drive/Docs tutorials to guide you through new features, documents, collections, share and collaborate, and more. (If you're accessing this within the district, there is no need to login. However, from outside the district, you will need to enter isd15/saints for a username and password.
Need more? Google Help can guide you through:
- Creating a document
- Edit and format a document
- Insert images, links, and comments
- Share your document with other people
- Publish and print