GSA is a student group that not only supports our LGBTQ community, but all students who my struggle with different types of bullying. This group sponsors a number of anti-bullying events and campaigns throughout the year, with the hopes of maintaining the feeling of safety and belonging for all students at St. Francis High School
Fridays during Saints time in Room D239
GSA Sponsored Events
Use Another Word Campaign
- "Use Another Word" is a student‐led initiative to decrease the use of disrespectful language
- Ally Week is an opportunity for students to engage in a national conversation about the meaning of allyship. Ally Week is for everyone: youth are encouraged to learn about what actions they can take to support their peers that may be victims of bullying.
- An ally is a person who takes demonstrable action supporting members of a marginalized group with which they do not identify.
No Name Calling Week
- A week to celebrate kindness!
- We believe in celebrating kindness while working to create safe schools free of name-calling, bullying and bias.
Day of Silence
- Day of Silence is a national day of action in which students across the country vow to take a form of silence to call attention to the silencing effect of anti-LGBT bullying and harassment in schools.
Advisor/Contact: Jill Salo email: firstname.lastname@example.org