GSA is a student group that not only supports our LGBTQ community, but all students who my struggle with different types of bullying. This group sponsors a number of Anti-Bullying events and Campaigns throughout the year, with the hopes of maintaining the feeling of safety and belonging for all students at St. Francis High School
Trimester 2: Tuesdays after school in room A117
Trimester 3: Saints Time - Fridays during Saints Time in room A117
GSA Sponsored Events:
Use Another Word Campaign-
- "Use Another Word" is a student‐led initiative to decrease the use of disrespectful language
- Ally Week is an opportunity for students to engage in a national conversation about the meaning of allyship. Ally Week is for everyone: youth are encouraged to learn about what actions they can take to support their peers that may be victims of bullying.
- An ally is a person who takes demonstrable action supporting members of a marginalized group with which they do not identify.
No Name Calling Week –
- A week to Celebrate Kindness!
- We believe in celebrating kindness while working to create safe schools free of name-calling, bullying and bias.
Day of Silence
- Day of Silence is a national day of action in which students across the country vow to take a form of silence to call attention to the silencing effect of anti-LGBT bullying and harassment in schools.
Jill Salo - firstname.lastname@example.org