Infinite Campus Portal
Acceptable Use Guidelines
General Statement of Purpose
Independent School District 15 (ISD 15) uses the Infinite Campus Student Information System to track students. Infinite Campus has developed Campus Portal, a parent/guardian/student tool, which allows access to view school records via the internet. ISD 15 will provide currently enrolled students and parents/guardians of currently enrolled students the privilege of access to the Infinite Campus Portal. Parents/guardians will have Campus Portal access that is separate from access given to students. Through the Campus Portal, parents/guardians will be able to view data about their student, which may include access to attendance, class schedules, report cards, progress reports, transcript information and more.
ISD reserves the right to add, modify or delete all viewable functions including the right to deny or revoke user access to the Campus Portal at anytime for any reason.
ISD 15 also reserves the right to deny access to the Campus Portal due to court orders or any other legal proceedings that limit availability of private educational data.
Acceptable Use Guidelines
Use of the Infinite Campus Portal is a privilege, not a right. Therefore, users of the Campus Portal are required to adhere to the following acceptable use guidelines:
- Users will read and agree to the Campus Portal Acceptable Use Guidelines (online form) and review and acknowledge the minimum technical system requirements required to use the Campus Portal.
- Users will act in a responsible, ethical and legal manner and read and comply with ISD 15 policies (i.e., Policy 306.1 Electronic Technologies Acceptable Use Policy).
- Users will acknowledge that all accessible data on the Campus Portal is unofficial.
- Parent/guardians will not share their Campus Portal username and password with anyone, including their student. Students will not share their usernames and passwords.
- Users will not attempt to access data or the account of another parent/guardian, student or other user.
- Users will not attempt to harm or destroy any data.
- Users will not use the Campus Portal for any illegal activities, including violation of federal and state data privacy laws. Anyone found to be violating laws may be subject to administrative, judicial or civil action and/or criminal prosecution.
- Users who identify a security problem within the Campus Portal must contact ISD 15 Central Services Center (763-753-7040) immediately without discussing the issue to anyone else.
- Users identified as a security risk to the Campus Portal will be denied access.
- Users will not leave their computer unattended while logged into a Campus Portal session and will log out at the end of each session.
- Users will not set their computer to automatically login to the Campus Portal.
Concerns about Infinite Campus Portal data
Parents/guardians are requested to address data issues in the following order:
- Discuss the issue with your student.
- Discuss the issue with the teacher via email or in-person.
ISD 15 staff directory
- Discuss the issue with your student's school principal or guidance counselor.