Is your student prepared for online learning?
Success in an online course or program requires specific student attitudes and approaches to learning. To ensure academic success in online education, your child should have:
- Maturity to complete tasks with little supervision from the class instructor
- Motivation to complete work alone when you are not around
- Time management skills to study and complete assignments
- Technology skills required to take on an online course
Students who are most successful in online programs are those who:
- Have completed homework on a consistent basis in a traditional classroom setting
- Have encouraging supervision at home
- Have a positive attitude about schoolAre conscientious and persistent in accomplishing goals
Parent's Checklist for Supporting Saints Online
- Encourage your child and give positive feedback.
- Allow your child or teen to ask you for help.
- Encourage your teen or young adult to take responsibility for contacting his or her teachers, rather than having you contact them.
- Familiarize yourself with the curriculum. Work with your child or teen to develop a manageable study schedule.
- Model good time-management strategies, such as developing a personal schedule or daily "to do" list. Help your child to use these strategies.
- Talk to your child or teen about appropriate ways to communicate with teachers and classmates.
- Make sure your child has the necessary basic typing and computer skills.
- Evaluate your child's level of self-motivation. Talk about the many advantages of getting an education and earning a degree. Check you child's progress by using whatever methods the school provides (such as a parent portal website). Talk directly with your child about his progress and grades and check in with the teachers periodically.
- Provide an optimal study space at home with minimal distractions, good lighting, comfortable seating, working computer and good wrist support.
- Never hesitate to call or write to school staff when you have questions or concerns
ISD 15 2015-16 Calendar (one page)
ISD 15 Graduation Requirements
ISD 15 Boundary Map
ISD 15 Strategic Plan
Education Assistant Job Description
Learning Coach Job Description
New Student Packet Checklist
Enrollment & Lottery Process
NCAA Approved Courses List
Student & Family Tool Kit
Student Code of Conduct