The goal of Saints Online is to add an option for students living in Independent School District 15. . . which is about breaking down barriers, not building them.
Our mission is to personalize each student’s online experience because we know our families best. We will offer our students the best of both worlds—an approved standards-based, comprehensive, online curriculum with the personal touch of Local Learning Coaches.
Profile of a Learning Coach
A Learning Coach is a locally employed Minnesota licensed teachers that can think outside the box and has an unconditional commitment to the success of ISD 15 students. They have the ability to motivate students in a distance learning environment and the willingness to be flexible. Learning Coaches feel comfortable working in a student-centered setting and utilize effective techniques for this environment.
Learning Coach Duties
- Supports Saints Online courses through instructional tutoring and maintains posted weekly office hours.
- Communicates with students, parents, and internal and external professionals within established timelines.
- Track and assess student academic progress and attendance using EdOptions Academy.
- Identifies and implements resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Interacts with students and parents via email, instant message, threaded discussion, synchronous chat and phone.
- Provides constructive and detailed feedback to help students achieve academic success.
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping.
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Models professional and ethical standards in dealing with students, parents, peers and community members.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrates respect for others.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Minnesota state standards and testing requirements.
- Strives to provide the best online experience for ISD 15 families.