College & Career Center (CCC)
Welcome to the SFHS College and Career Center. The CCC is a place where students can access a wide variety of information regarding:
- Career Speakers
- College Representatives and College Visits
- Internships and Apprenticeships
- Financial Aid, Scholarships, Grants
- Skill and interest assessments
- MCIS (Minnesota Career Information System)
- Jobs / Workforce / Resume Writing
- ACT /SAT /ASVAB
Dates of various representatives and events will be advertised through the ENews, morning announcements, and school website. If you have questions about specific college or military reps stop in the College and Career Center (CCC) and speak with Ms. Abraham.
Futures Prep Program
All SFHS students are expected to complete the following Future Preparation activities prior to graduation.
Successful completion of Futures Prep Class (Grade 9)In this class students will create a 4 year Ed Plan to refer to when registering for classes each year. This is a useful tool to allow students to be purposeful in their class choices and design a high school program that fits their needs and interests.
Complete 2 College Tours
Sophomore College Tours (This field trip allows all 10th graders to have the opportunity to visit two colleges)
Individual College Tours - 11th and 12th grade students are allotted two excused day of school to visit colleges of their choice each year.
To complete an Individual College Tour please print, fill out and return this College Visit Form.
Complete 3 of the following additional career / college research activities:
- Attend career speakers
- Attend college rep presentation
- Attend military rep presentation
- Attend a college fair (Local at SFHS or National)
- Complete a job shadow form and return to Ms. Abraham
- Volunteer in area of interest
Complete Senior Exit Survey (May of Senior year)
College & Career Center News
College Reps - Sign up in the Career Center/IMC
|Fri||10/5/2018||3||U of M Crookston|
|Thurs||11/1/2018||5||University of Minnesota Duluth|
|Thur||11/8/2018||5||St. Cloud State University|
|Thurs||11/14/2018||3||Bemidji State University|
|Thurs||12/20/2018||5||Vermilion Community College|
Career Speakers - Sign up in the Career Center/IMC
Military Reps - scheduled for lunchroom visits
ASVAB - career interest assessment/military entrance exam - This assessment is given for free twice a year at SFHS. It is a great way for students to determine career fields based on interests and skills. Sign up in the Career Center/IMC
- County Market in St. Francis is hiring! Cashiers, Courtesy, Deli, and Bakery positions available! More info in the Career Center or by going to www.kings countymarket.com
- Atlas Staffing is hiring! Must be 18 years old. Hiring in assembly, production, packaging, machining, welding, and more! Will train and flexible schedules. Get more info in the CCC or apply online at www.atlasstaffinginc.com.
- Bill’s Superette in Oak Grove is hiring! Get more info in the Career Center.
- The Local Scholarship applications will be available to SFHS Seniors starting in January 2019. Check back for more info.
- National Scholarship Search Sites:
- Minneapolis Plumbers Joint Journeyman & Apprenticeship Training Committee is now accepting applications for apprenticeships. Basic requirements are:
- At Least 18 years of age
- High School graduate or GED
- All applicants may be asked to take an aptitude test
- Requirements must be met by June 15th.
Come to the Career Center for more information!
- ACT Prep
Dawn Abraham - College/Career Advisor
Office: 763.213.1580 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org