College In the Schools (CIS)
SFHS Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors have the opportunity to take college courses at the high school. These courses are offered through a cooperation with St. Cloud State University and Southwest Minnesota State University.
CIS courses are college level in academic rigor and time commitment. Teachers at St. Francis will receive a syllabus from the college for each class taught at St. Francis High School. The college will determine course content and texts.
High school students who meet the college course requirements will earn college credit, as well as high school credit to apply toward graduation at no cost to the high school students.
- Sophomores: Must be in the top 10% of their class
- Juniors: must be ranked in the top 1/3 of their class
- Seniors: must be ranked in the top 1/2 of their class
- Current College in the Schools students must maintain at least a 2.0 College GPA to remain eligible for college classes
- Check Class Rank
- Register for Desired CIS classes during HS registration window
- Eligible students MUST to complete an E-Application for SCSU and SMSU CIS program the Spring before they plan to take CIS classes. Follow these instructions carefully!
- Ineligible Students will be removed from the CIS classes they registered for. You will not receive notification of this change.
- Student who do not qualify but are on the edge can file an appeal to be considered by the individual Universities
- CIS Appeal Instructions
CIS experience provides students with:
- Exposure to college level rigor, with the extra supports high school provides
- An additional opportunity to challenge themselves
- A head start on college credit
- A savings of time and tuition costs
- Credits that apply to both high school graduation and college requirement
Courses Currently Offered
ST. CLOUD STATE UNIVERSITY
|HS Course Name||HS Course #||SCSU Course #||Coll. Credits / High School Credit||MN Transfer Curriculum Goal Area|
|College Spanish||1367, 1368||Span 102||4 Coll. credit / 2 HS credit.||Goal 06 , Goal 08|
|College Economics||2370||Econ 201||3 Coll. credit / 1.5 HS credit.||Goal 05|
|College Geography||2375||Geog 111||3 Coll. credit / 1.5 HS credit||Goal 08|
|College Psychology||2377||Psych 115||3 Coll. credit / 1.5 HS credit||Goal 05|
|College Amer. Hist I||2373||Hist 140||3 Coll. credit / 1.5 HS credit||Goal 05|
|College Amer. Hist II||2374||Hist 141||3 Coll. credit / 1.5 HS credit||Goal 05|
|College Physics||3504,3506||Phys 103||3 Coll. credit / 2 HS credit||Goal 03|
|22 College Credits Total|
|HS Course Name||HS Course #||SMSU Course #||Coll. Credits / High School Credit||MN Transfer Curriculum Goal Area|
|College Algebra||4605||Math 110||3 Coll. credit / 1.5 HS credit||Goal 04|
|College Trigonometry||4600||Math 125||3 Coll. credit / 1.5 HS credit||Goal 04|
|College Calculus||4610,4612||Math 150||5 Coll. credit / 2.5 HS credit||Goal 04|
|College Writing||1280||English 151||4 Coll. credit / 1.5 HS credit||Goal 01|
|College Rhetoric||1281||Lit 120||3 Coll. credit / 1.5 HS credit||Goal 06|
|College Biology||Bio 100||4 Coll. credit / 2 HS credit||Goal 03|
|College Intro. to Business||5345||Mgmt 101||3 Coll. credit/ 1.5 HS credit|
|25 College Credits Total|
- Create a personal account at www.transferology.com
- Enter our College Courses under the "My Courses" area
- Click "Search for Matches" and see how they transfer to other instate and out of state colleges and universities
Note: Many but not all Colleges and Universities utilize Transferology. If you do not find information on this site contact the college you wish to transfer credits to. They will be able to assist you. Have the college course numbers handy when you do.
Requesting CIS Transcripts
- Request SCSU and SMSU transcripts from www.getmytranscript.org
- You do NOT need to request these transcripts for admission to college. ONLY send these to the college you are choosing to attend. (Transfer Purposes only)
- College Transcripts are typically $5 a piece
If you need an official SMSU and SCSU transcript sent to a Minnesota State College or University, that institution may be able to obtain your SMSU or SCSU transcript free of charge, providing you do not have any holds. Please contact that institution directly for further information.