Property Tax Information
A Truth in Taxation presentation is given at the regular school board meeting in December of each year.
Refunds and Deferral Programs
Property Tax Refund information is available here.
There are three types of property tax refunds--each with different criteria. There is a renter property tax refund, a regular homeowner property tax refund, and a special property tax refund.
- You must have been either a full- or part-year resident of Minnesota during the year.
- You cannot be a dependent.
- As a homeowner or mobile home owner, your property must be classified as your homestead.
- As a renter, you must have lived in a building in which property taxes were assessed or payment was made in lieu of property taxes. If you are not sure if property taxes are assessed on your building, contact your landlord.
- Relative homesteads do not qualify.
Senior Citizen Tax Deferral Program
This is not a refund or rebate program. It is for senior citizens whose household income is less than $60,000. There is an application process. More information can be found at here (click on the Senior Citizens Property tax deferral program).