Regular school board meeting dates are the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month (except July and December or when a holiday is on a Monday) and are held in the Community Room at the District Office, located at 4115 Ambassador Boulevard NW, St. Francis, MN. Meetings begin at 7:00 p.m. CST and are run using Roberts Rules of professional protocol.
Communicating with the School Board
Community members interested in making comments or inquiries to the school board may do so at two different times--one, before the meeting during Dialogue with the School Board or two, during the Consideration of Visitors portion of the regular school board meeting.
Dialogue with the School Board
- Takes place before the regular school board meeting at 6:30 p.m.
- Community members can meet with two school board members regarding concerns in an informal setting.
- A report will be given on the dialogue session topics during the regular school board meeting.
Consideration of Visitors
- A person wishing to address the school board during the formal meeting should fill out a Consideration of Visitors card.
- Citizens can address topics which are included on the agenda of a meeting of the Board of Education.
- Speakers may offer objective comments of school operations and programs that concern them. The school board will not permit, in public session, any expression of personal complaints about specific school personnel, nor against any person connected with the school system.
- A person may speak for no more than 5 minutes.
- The school board will not act upon a speaker's topic at the same meeting the topic is introduced.
- If requests are made by the speaker, they will be referred to the administration for review and appropriate recommendation.