426 Additional Student Matters
PARENT/GUARDIAN PARTICIPATION IN SCHOOL PROGRAMS
Independent School District 15 welcomes and encourages parents/guardians to participate in the school programs. The District believes that coordination of efforts at home and school is key to successful programming for all students whether in the regular education programs or alternative/exceptional student programs.
GUIDELINES FOR PARENT/GUARDIAN PARTICIPATION IN CLASSROOM ACTIVITIES
A. When parents/guardians choose to participate within the school setting, the following guidelines must be followed in order to avoid disrupting the education of students.
1. Parents/guardians are encouraged to notify the school of the date/time when they will be observing or visiting the classroom. Notification is preferable 24 hours in advance. All visitors are required to check into the school office upon arrival.
2. It is expected that parents/guardians will take all due precautions to avoid disruption to the education of their son/daughter, or other students in the classroom. This would include:
- sitting or standing in an area that would not interrupt instruction;
- refraining from addressing the staff during classroom time.
3. If parents/guardians are present to assist in a volunteer capacity, the roles/responsibilities should be outlined prior to the visit in order to avoid interrupting the teaching staff and students during instruction.
4. Parents/guardians are encouraged to discuss their observations or experiences after school, or at a mutually agreed upon time when instruction would not be interrupted.
Adopted: April 13, 1998
Independent School District 15
St. Francis, Minnesota